-->

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Why Hello There....

Hey there, ladies and gents. Sorry for the absence. I would make an excuse, but honestly, you are probably a little tired of that by now.

Editor's Note: That's for damn sure.

Anyway, I don't return empty handed.


That's right, I finally got it done. Full of wondrous splendor, the About page finally elevates SFT to the level of website professionalism present on most websites since 1995!

Editor's note: And yet you still didn't follow any reasonable guidelines.


So, as you might guess from some of my previous adventures, me and the good old codes of criminal justice don't get along so well.

Honestly, I have stayed worse places.

While our first amendment rights, and the extensions and clarifications present in fair use law, do protect me in my biting satire drunken ramblings, its not entirely uncommon for someone to pitch a legal fit over something posted on the internet. 

In the interest of preventing such problems, I put up some info on the legality of content here at SFT, including:
  • A "Do not try what you are about to see at home" disclaimer to prevent anyone for sueing me over inspired liver failure.
  • A quick reminder that I do, in fact, have a de facto copyright on this work. Naturally, its use is subject to the same fair use rules I take advantage of, and I have included a couple of rules that, if followed, guarantee my consent as copyright holder to reproducing SFT content.
  • A quick note on the images I use in my posts (pretty much the only thing on here I didn't create myself). Short Version: I am pretty sure their use is protected legally given how I use them, but if you own and image and don't want it up here just contact me and I will be more then willing to take it down.
Now, I am no lawyer, so its entirely possible I am off-base and all that hogwash is as legally useful as the ramblings of the homeless guy who hangs out under the bridge downtown. 

Probably not a fair comparison. He is actually surprisingly eloquent.
If any of the more legal-savvy readers out there notice gaping holes in my logic, please be sure to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment