-->

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

人形の家

1. Swedish to English to Japanese

So, I was in my Theater 100 class today, and we were tasked with performing a selection from Henrik Ibsen's A Doll's House.

Pictured: Henrik Ibsen's Mutton Chops

Not too big a deal. Get to see some mediocre performances of a famous work, with folks flubbing lines and pronouncing names all wrong. Then something marvelous happened. 

A group consisting entirely of Japanese exchange students took the stage. That's right, I got to witness a play, originally in Swedish, translated into English, and performed by people who couldn't really speak either. It was a thing of great beauty.

2.Blizzard

Looks like mother nature is done screwing around this winter.

 
Frigid Bitch

 Here in Michigan we are just getting the first round, but word is other folks have had it rough already. I don't know about the rest of you, but I plan on keeping myself warm with hard whiskey and soft women.

No comments:

Post a Comment