-->

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Not worth it

Desire:
After several trying weeks, I wanted nothing more than to relax with a glass of smooth whiskey and a flavorful hand-rolled cigar in the company of some good friends.

Idea:
Buy a bottle of Rick and Rare Canadian whiskey (which I would normally link to, but it appears to have no web presence) and a Swisher Sweet from the local party store for an evening of drinking with some friends.

Seemed good because:
Given the state of the economy, its no surprised that I was pretty strapped for cash. Given my monetary limitations, I figured these budget products could be a decent substitute for the more pricey luxuries I partook of on occasion.

Actually terrible because:
The Rich and Rare was $9 dollars for a full fifth, while the Swisher Sweets were two for $1. Good deal right? No, actually I am pretty sure I was overcharged.

Seriously, my drink tasted like shame and my smoke reeked of failure. It was incredibly unpleasant.

Moral of the story:
Unless your taste buds were scoured off in a terrible belt sanding accident, avoid the products like the plague.

Indulging your vices isn't worth it if you are only going to throw $10 dollars to the cause.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, darling.
    I wanted to let you know that PayPal is crap and I am too suspicious of it stealing my money to donate through your site. However, I will give you money next time I get to see you. Buy a nicer cigar. I know it will make you feel better about life. Come to Allegan. :)

    ReplyDelete