-->

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The First Rule

In my travels, I have met many, many a fine individual. I have met wise and knowledgeable men and women, who have imparted to me great truths that would serve any of us well as life lessons. These fine men and women inspired me to better myself, and with their teachings I have little doubt I could do it.

Then I met Doc.

Doc doesn't have what some of the more traditional of us would call "morals". No, he rejects such frivolous social constructs, for he has thrown off the shackles of modern ethics and constructed his own code to live by. Doc does not follow your rules.

Doc follow The Rules

Truly a Nietzschian Übermensch
I have decided that his wisdom needs to be shared, so over the coming weeks I will be reproducing and elaborating on the law as laid down by Doc.

Rule Number One:

Don’t Panic

Panic will not solve your problem, in fact, it will probably make it worse, Panic uses up resources and your ability to make good decisions it does not help you to solve problems or make more money…. What is the point? Never have I ever heard a hero being interviewed saying, “I just panicked and saved that child’s life.”

This rule is not only the first, but in my opinion the most important. Did Theodore Roosevelt panic when the Commies burned down the White House? Fuck no, he crossed the Delaware in the dead of night and halted the Nazi progress at Stalingrad! If he had panicked, we would all be doing the goose-step while eating toad-in-the-hole and speaking Chinese!

Editor's Note: For the last time, getting drunk and browsing Wikipedia does not count as "Doing the research".

1 comment:

  1. For the record, your editor is a Moron, Wiki is the be all and end all of any information you will ever need (well that and everything2) and trying to learn while sober is just sillyness now isnt it!

    ReplyDelete