-->

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dr. Feelgood

So one day I found myself, as us fragile humans are known to do, seeking some medical attention. A chronic problem of little consequence had finally annoyed me enough to do something about it, so I found myself in my university's Wellness Center sitting face to face with a stuttering young lass who couldn't have been wearing her spiffy white coat for more than a year. 

Now don't get me wrong, this woman was very intelligent and very much a doctor, but she clearly had some things to learn when it came to dealing with actual patients. The particular medication I was going to be put on for my problem had some side effects. Mostly normal stuff: nausea, headaches, ect. However, it also had a handful of side effects of the sexual nature. Nothing serious; My rocket was and is still more reliable than the shuttle program. If anything, the effects (with such gems as delayed orgasms) were going to improve my performance in the bedroom. Honestly, it felt a little bit like I was loading the dice. 

However, this didn't make it any easier for my doctor to talk about.

Doc: ~ahem~ As you probably realize there will be a number of side effects, as there is with any medication. You may experience nausea, headaches, fatigue, and....uh....

Me: And?


Doc: Well, there will be side effects of a...different...more personal nature.


Me: What do you mean?


Doc: Side effects of a....sexual nature.


Me: Really?


Doc: Yes, you may experience...um...


Me: I'm sorry doc, if this is uncomfortable for you I can just read up on the meds myself.


Doc: No, no. Not uncomfortable at all. ~Nervous shifting~ Just some simple medical facts, no reason either of us need be embarrassed. Many patients have reported a delay in their...um....


Me: Really doc, don't worry about it. Not really gonna be a problem right now anyway.


Doc: ~Look of surprise~ Really? 


Me: Yeah, bit of a dry spell. 


Doc: Well you know, it could be a problem in the future.


Me: Nah, not seeing it happening any time soon.


Doc: ~Standing and crossing the room~ Are you sure? It could be relevant real, real soon.


::Cue soft jazz::



















 Let me cure all that ails you

....alright, so I made up that last bit. The rest is the honest truth.


 

1 comment:

  1. Dear James,
    Blog was great *sarcasm* Would have been better if you weren't such a fag. Be more like HBN, then DIE, superfag.
    Love,
    Everyone

    ReplyDelete