-->

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Blarg

GO GO GADGET UPDATE!

1. Rhinovirus

So, turns out this little bastard managed to worm its way into my system some time. Now I am suffering from a delightful little cold.

This does raise some questions though, mainly like why the hell is it called the rhinovirus if you don't get it from rhinos...

Photobucket
Not pictured: Anything to do with the rhinovirus

...nor does it turn you into one?

Photobucket
Pictured: What the rhinovirus should totally do

 
Wishful thinking aside, it also calls into question the James Harper Anti-Cold/Flu program*, which I have been following near religiously since the season started. While not approved by the Food and Drug Administration (actually, they openly mocked me when I submitted it for their consideration), I was confident that the program was a sure fire way to keep illness at bay. Oh well, guess its time to fall back on the tried but true James Harper Cold/Flu Contingency program**


*Consume two to three screwdrivers per day, making sure to use real orange juice in mixing. Sleep a maximum of four hours nightly.
**Start each day with a dose of  Pseudoephedrine chased by a tequila sunrise. Continue administering two to three screwdrivers daily. 


2. Other Blogs

Just want to take a moment to draw your attention to another blog created by a friend of mine.


In my time at a school dedicated to science and engineering, I met some interesting people. Among them is a chemist from the tropics that I have little doubt will find himself living in a secret volcano lair very soon...

3. Nanowrimo

Turns out the webmasters over at Nanowrimo.org are....less then competent. According to their advanced word tallying algorithms the total word count for the hundreds of thousands of participants is zero.

Photobucket
"Man, three days at this computer and I still got nothin'. I hope the other writers are doing better."

Also, it appears as though the word tracking widget I was going to put up is on the fritz too, so if you want to keep up to speed on my progress (and lets face it, you know you don't have better things to do), you're going to have to hit up my profile

The donate link has been successfully changed though, so go give nanowrimo your hard earned cash so they can pay someone to fix this mess.

1 comment: