-->

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Blasted Technology

Several weeks ago, I decided I had had enough of all that computer business and changed my major. Clearly, my computer was displeased. However, it did not retaliate immediately. Oh no, it bided its time, waiting patiently for the opportune moment to strike. For over a month it continued to accept the commands of a master it had long since abandoned in its cold machine heart.

Then, early this morning, it saw a golden opportunity; a post on healthcare reform, long and descriptive, funny as it was insightful, sat on it's harddrive scheduled to be posted at noon. Finally it could execute it's plans. It started simply enough, with a sharp click click click from within its chassis, but in a matter of moments those first small failures had expanded. Springs were loosened, rivets sheered clean apart, metal scoured across metal, and then there was silence.

Long gone is the original post, a victim of my machine's vengeance. One can only hope our score is now settled, and no more damage will be done.

Or maybe my harddrive was going to fail anyway, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment