-->

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Avengers Assemble


The Avengers

The Thing:



If you don't know about The Avengers, then I recommend you stop reading this and catch up with your family. I mean, I appreciate your dedicated readership, but really, this is not the first thing you should be doing when coming out of a coma.

Why it is Worth Your Time:

Because this:



is one of the least awesome action scenes in the movie.

And this:



is just a taste of the incredibly well written, directed, and acted dialog.

Not convinced? Here is some more:



At lets not forget what is, in all honesty, the biggest draw of the film:

This.

Also, this.

And we can't forger that.

Why People Will Tell You it Isn't:

Most folk I talked to before the film, fans of the comics or not, seemed concerned that the movie was basically going to be Tony Stark is Awesome featuring guest appearances by the Avengers. Given that Iron Man is Marvel's most popular film franchise by far and the fact that the trailer seems to feature him quite heavily, its not an unreasonable concern. I mean, Tony "Iron Man" Stark is a fantastic character and Robert Downey Jr. portrays him flawlessly, but all the properties and actors involved have merit and deserve screen time.

However, having seen the film on opening night, I can assure you that everyone gets their fair share of the action and dialog, with each character's arc working in tandem to create a greater whole. And if you can't take my word for it? Who cares!? If I am wrong or lying, Tony Stark is Awesome featuring guest appearances by the Avengers WOULD BE AWESOME.


2 comments:

  1. Middle picture of Scarlett "Look-at-me" Johansson really looks like she's trying to push out a stubborn queef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stubborn queef. Interesting, but accurate. Either way, haven't seen The Avengers yet, but most likely will. S.J. annoys me, but hopefully she's tolerable in the movie so I can thoroughly enjoy the $10 I spend on the film.

    ReplyDelete