-->

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Four Horsemen

Hello folks, and a happy Thirsty Thursday to you! Today I will be telling you about a wonderful little drink you may remember from this post.

Drink:


Recipe:

1 part Jim Beam
1 part Jack Daniels
1 part Jose Cuervo

Served neat in shot glass

Description:

Let us be clear on one thing: This drink is an awful idea.

This isn't the kind of drink you sip casually while conversing with your friends. This is the kind of drink your already hammered buddy dares you to take, lest you be considered a "pussy". Stories starting with "So I had a Four Horsemen..." never end in "...then I made it home and fell asleep in my own bed.", they end with things like "...and the next thing I knew I woke up in the drunk tank sans pants." or "...and then she took her pants off and I found the surprise inside. Spent the next hour crying because it was bigger then mine."

You knock one of these back, you feel it immediately. I am a 260lbs male of Irish decent, and I still feel this thing.

Variants:

Pure Whiskey variant: replace the Jose Cuervo with Jameson or Jeremiah Weed. As a man who likes his whiskey, I can get behind this variant.

Four Horsemen and Hell Follows: Adds one part of Everclear. Basically, making an already bad idea even worse.

Four Horsemen Go Hunting: Adds one part of Wild Turkey. Protip: You should never add Wild Turkey to anything.

Ever!

Four Men in a Boat: Adds one part of Grand Marnie. Nothing to add here, just a terrible pun. 

Three ingredient variants - If only three of the J ingredients are used, it is often referred to as Three Wise Men. Similarly themed variants as above exist for the three ingredient version as well (e.g. Three Wise Men go Hunting). So, if I get the metaphor right here, the Three Wise Men of the bible were wise magi who presented Jesus with kingly gifts and were his first worshipers, but when you add tequila they become rampaging heralds of the apocalypse?

You know, given my experience with tequila that doesn't seem to far off....

No comments:

Post a Comment