-->

Monday, July 13, 2009

Redline

Desire:
As a
connoisseur of caffeinated beverages, I was curious to see if Redline really lived up to the many ridiculous reviews out there on the internet.

Idea:
Seemed simple enough, I would try one.

Easier said then done though. Turns out this stuff is marketed as a fitness supplement, which meant it wasn't carried at convenience or grocery stores like other energy drinks. After a fun afternoon driving all over the city, I found a 4 pack at GNC.

Seemed good because:
As a college student, I have built up a considerable tolerance/dependency on caffeine. If I don't have some in the morning I get headaches, and my old standby, Monster, is getting less and less effective. So hey, anything that can give me a bigger boost is a welcome addition to my stimulant arsenal, and all that stuff about blacking out, vomiting and whatnot must be bullshit, right?

Actually terrible because:
While not entirely accurate, the warnings weren't without some merit. The bottle is only about the size of a can of Red Bull, but you are supposed to drink half to "establish tolerance" (seriously, that is what it said on the bottle). Not believing in silly things like caution, discretion, or self preservation, I decided to man up and down the whole thing. Twenty minutes later I was buzzed like the first time I drank Monster, which was awesome. Half an hour after that, my digestive system responded like I had eaten week old Chinese takeout from a dumpster on a hot day.

Moral of the story:
I have had it again since a few times, and if you pace yourself and make sure to eat something and drink a lot of water its not so bad. Still, if it has enough caffeine to buzz me like that it can't be healthy.

So, if you are in a pinch and need some serious energy, then Redline will deliver, but don't try to make it part of your regular caffination routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment