-->

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I got no time for livin', Yes, I'm workin' all the time

3:23 AM
James Harper arrives home intoxicated on unknown substance

6:00 AM
Alarm rings. 
6:01 AM
Alarm destroyed. Cause unknown. 

6:32 AM
James Harper crawls out of bed.

7:00 AM
Shift Starts

7:26 AM
Arrives at work.

7:30 AM
Begins preparing rotisserie chickens.
7:36 AM
Told to stop using chickens as puppets and get back to work

8:16 AM
Deli paged to accept phone call. Transcript of conversation follows.

James: Deli, this is James speaking. How may I help you?
Customer: I need to order some friend chicken
James: Very good. Can I get your name?
Customer: Jack [censored]
James: And your phone number?
Customer: 810-[censored]
James: Excellent. What time would you like to pick this up?
Customer: Tomorrow at 5 ok?
James: Sure. We will have it ready for you. How many pieces would you like?
Customer: 32
James: Excellent. The full assortment of breasts, thighs, wings and legs or just the dark meat?
Customer: Better include the white meat, my wife doesn't like the dark stuff.
James: Alright, that will be $39.96
Customer: Hey, don't you try and jip me buddy! It should only be $23.96!
James: I'm sorry, what?
Customer: It says here in the ad that boxes of fried chicken are on sale for $5.99. Their are 8 pieces in a box, 4 boxes equals 32 pieces, 4 time $5.99 is $23.96!
James: Ah, I am sorry sir, but that sale price is only for the 12 piece dark meat chicken boxes. If you would like to change your order to dark meat, it will be $15.97.
Customer: Oh, well I don't want just dark meat.
James: Alright then, your total will be $39.96.
Customer: But I want the sale price!
James: Well then sir, we seem to be at an impasse.
Customer: You are going to give it to me at $15.97!
James: Really? Because if that is so not only would I be misappropriating a sale price, but I would be doing it incorrectly because, as you stated, if the sale price is applied to 8 piece boxes the price would be $23.97.
Customer: What!?
James: If that is the case, not only do I lack a respect for authority and store policy, but also have an incredibly poor grasp of logic and basic arithmetic.
Customer: Hey! Don't...
James: I am sorry sir, I need to go report myself for managerial review based on the highly suspect actions I have been told I am about to perform.
Customer: What the [censored]
-call ended-

9:30 AM
Deli phone-line found inoperable. Upon inspection it is discovered the cable was forcefully ripped from the wall.

Review of security tapes pending managerial approval.

10:30 AM
Irate and violent customer restrained at store entrance. Customer weilded a lead pipe and shouted incoherently about "Big words" and "Gypsy chicken logic".

Police contacted.

Deli employee James Harper reprimanded for laughing and making goading statements at the scene.

11:13 AM
Deli employee James Harper no where to be found. Store director's car also missing.



No comments:

Post a Comment